The startup world is a competitive one, and it can be tough to stand out from the crowd. But there are ways to do just that—and what better way than with a solid SEO strategy? I’ve written this guide for all you aspiring entrepreneurs looking to grow your business with search engine optimization (SEO).
Growing your startup with SEO
SEO is more than just a way to increase your organic traffic, it’s also a great way to grow your startup. If you are looking for funding or new customers, then SEO can help you in both of these areas.
For example, if you want to get funding from investors, then all they care about is whether or not your business has traction and growth potential. The best way to prove this is by having an impressive amount of organic searches (i.e., people who are searching for your product or service).
Is SEO free?
There’s a common misconception that SEO is free. While it may cost nothing upfront, it’s certainly not free in the long run. Think about it: you invest time and energy into your startup every day, so why would you invest less than that into making sure people can find your business? After all, if no one knows about your company and what services or products you offer, how will they ever come knocking at your door?
If you’re still unsure whether or not SEO is right for your business, consider these points:
- It’s a great way to grow outside of traditional advertising channels (paid ads).
- It helps establish trust with potential clients. An organic listing shows that other customers have taken an interest in what you have to offer—and those customers are more likely to convert into paying clients because they believe in what the brand stands for.
- It provides cheap traffic from qualified leads who are already looking for information related to certain keywords (i.e., pull-marketing). You don’t need any paid ad campaigns when all of these people are already searching online!
How to start your SEO campaign
- Start with keyword research. This is often the first step of any SEO campaign, and it’s an essential one. It helps you understand what people are searching for when they land on your website, which will help you create content that speaks to their needs. It also helps you understand what are the potential content you could start producing to reach more of your audience.
- Create a website. Once you know what keywords people are searching for, it’s time to make sure your site is set up in such a way that it ranks well for those terms.
- Analyze your competitors’ websites: Just because someone else has been ranking well doesn’t mean you can’t do better! Look at their content strategy, link-building plan, and overall approach so that they can be used as templates for yours going forward — just don’t copy them completely!
- Create links: Now here’s where things get tricky: Link-building isn’t easy work but it IS necessary if you want traffic coming back over time (which means more leads generated over time). In order to do this effectively though there are certain rules of thumb that need to be followed closely. I can help with that.
SEO tips for startups
- Write for humans, not search engines — Search engines are stupid and want to make life easy for you. The best way to do that is through an algorithm that rewards friendly and engaging content with higher rankings, but they’re not going to figure out how to do it on their own. If you are writing a blog post or article, don’t try too hard to stuff keywords into every sentence just so your page appears in the first few results when someone searches for “how do I start my own business?” Just write about what you know and use words that come naturally without feeling like you need them all over the place just so Google will rank high (or at all).
- Write for the long term—not just for today’s visitors! It’s tempting when starting out with SEO techniques to focus on short-term goals: getting people interested enough today so they’ll click through tomorrow rather than thinking ahead two weeks from now when they may be ready again after hearing about something else or have forgotten about your site altogether because there was something else newer/better/more exciting since then showing up first when doing a search related query.
SEO is a great way to grow and fund your startup
SEO is an excellent way to grow and fund your startup. The ability to get found by the right people on search engines will help you find customers who are looking for what you have to offer, and also gives you a chance to invest in yourself before seeking outside investment or loans.
Startups that are able to leverage SEO as part of their marketing strategy early on can expect results within weeks, with increased organic traffic from search engines. This means more leads for businesses looking for products or services, which means more sales! If done correctly, this can lead directly to funding opportunities for startups that have proven themselves as capable of getting results fast.
SEO is a powerful tool. It can help your company reach the next level in its growth and funding. With SEO, you can attract not only customers but investors who will invest in your business and help it grow even more than before. To know more about it, join the waitlist for my new online course and I’ll help you navigate the flow of SEO.